"But as they say about sharks, it's not the ones you see that you have to worry about, it's the ones you don't see." - David Blaine
The shark collar, better known as a cutaway collar, is perhaps our favorite collar style at the moment here at Friday Shirt Club. It's bold, uber-stylish and versatile both on and off the clock! We've appropriately named it the "Madman" collar.
The cutaway collar is characterized by its very wide spread between collar points. We've compiled our top 5 reasons why you should try a cutaway collar on one of your shirts:
- It's bold and means business (like a shark!)
- It's super versatile - buttoned up it can fit small or large (e.g. Windsor) tie knots, unbuttoned it creates a modern, fashionista look
- It is a safe bet for nearly all face sizes and shapes
- It's shrouded in history - and royalty - going way back to the Duke of Windsor (who needed a larger collar to accomodate the wide tie knots still bearing his name today)
- Not everyone can pull it off - it takes a good dose of confidence and style-bravado to own this look!
Can you pull it off the Madman look? Design any of our shirts with our signature Madman cutaway collar and add some style-bravado to your wardrobe!
Browse our full collection of fully-customizable shirts here!